UPDATED 1/16/2021: The First Baptist Church is making plans and working hard in preparation for when we return to service on site February 7, 2021. We will meet online through January.
We understand that the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is fluid. As information and guidelines become available we will be making the necessary changes. We are also aware and sensitive to the fact that there are a multitude of attitudes towards this new normal. Our primary concern is to provide a worship environment that is meaningful and safe. For those who choose to attend in person we will do our best to address your concerns. And for those who choose to stay home during this time of uncertainty, we will strive to keep you connected to the church. We are all in unfamiliar circumstances and while church as we know it may not return, we are ready for the challenges of the new normal in church life.
In preparation for resuming services we have done the following:
- Protective masks and hand sanitizer have been purchased to make available to attendees.
- No touch thermometers have been procured.
- We are developing a deep clean procedure that will be implemented after each gathering.
- The sanctuary has been reconfigured to allow for social distancing.
- We are looking to upgrade internet service so we can live stream our service – an alternative option will be to record services and upload to the web site.
The following Guidelines have been implemented:
- Social Distancing seating – family units staying together – individuals single seats.
- Children and youth will join their parents in worship until further notice.
- Birth thru K-5 children will meet outside, weather permitting, until further notice.
- Wearing masks will be required of those seated in audience.
- Temperatures will be taken before entering the building. High temps will not be allowed in as well as anyone in their group.
- Please enter sanctuary and immediately find a seat – remain in seats – no mingling in the aisle – limit movement to emergency only.
- Coffee and snack station will be closed.
- An orderly dismissal – starting from rear of sanctuary.
- Offering to be deposited in collection boxes – no longer passing the plate.
- We will suspend the alter call – Alternative means to respond to message will be available.
- Proper social distancing conduct – no hugging, shaking of hands.
- Please self regulate – If sick or in contact with those who are infected, please act responsibly and stay home.
As a final note, we ask that everyone keep in mind the needs and attitudes of those who have real concerns about returning to public gatherings. While you may find these guidelines to be restrictive and unwarranted, there are many who view them as necessary and comforting. Your consideration and cooperation is greatly appreciated.